Wedding Shower Favors - They’ve come from near and far. They’ve brought gifts, wished you well, and taken the time to help celebrate your marriage! Your guests deserve a little something to say “thank you” – and to send them home with a smile on their faces.
Coming up with a unique party favor (the equivalent to the childhood treat bag) can be a challenge, but don’t fret! We’ve come up with our very own list of the Top 10 Wedding Shower Favors – ideas that are sure to tickle your fancy, delight your guests, and remind them how happy you are that they are sharing in your festivities!
1. Edible Favors: From home-made cookies to honey, there’s something sweet about offering up a delectable, packaged treat to your guests. Get creative and choose something that has special meaning to you. A few great options? Maple syrup, hot sauce, personalized candy, or a cultural treat.
2. Local Favors: Whether you’re treating your guests to an exotic wedding in a faraway locale, or having a hometown affair, it’s a great idea to check out the local community for wedding favors! From homemade candles, stained glass, or delicacies, it’s easy to find a favor that’s affordable, high quality, and reminiscent of your wedding location. Now that’s a treat!
3. Sweet Tooth!: Order personalized wedding shower favors in the form of candy to delight your guests as they head out the door! From candy bars to m&ms – or simply color coordinated chewy candies in a pretty bag, everyone loves a little something sweet. It’s perfect for a long drive home, too!
4. Wine Not?: A bottle of wine is a lovely way to wish your guests a good night! It can be quite affordable too – head to a local wine shop that offers bottle-your-own services, or speak to a local winery about a special order. You might offer an alternative for underage or non-drinking guests, such as a bottle of artisan olive oil or sparkling cider. More wine theme ideas here...
5. Personalized Goodies: Monograms are all the rage right now, and so are completely customized wedding shower favors, such as photographs of the happy couple made into magnets, coasters, or simply framed. Have photos of yourselves printed with the words “thank you,” scrolled across them for an added touch of elegance.
6. A Girly Gift: Having a ladies’ only shower allows you to get as girly as you like with the favors! Offer up bottle openers in the shape of shoes, lip-glosses, pretty evening bags, or hand-painted martini glasses to each guest as a special thank you!
7. Do- It- Yourself Favors: Whether you’re a budding artist or a well-taught candy maker, guests will love and appreciate if you make your favors yourself! Think long and hard about your skills and come up with something creative – it could be a home-made cookbook featuring recipes by the shower guests, a shower-soundtrack CD with a gorgeous label, or a jar of toasted almonds. Wrap it in tulle with a bit of ribbon and voila! A favor is created.
8. Living and Loving: Seeds, saplings, and spring blooms: Send your shower guests home with something alive and well! From tiny trees to potted flowers, plants are a vibrant way to say thank you for coming. Include a small poem or thank you note and a festive ribbon to show off your flora with flair. Display them nicely in the center of the table and they can double as a centerpiece!
9. Donations: It’s a lovely idea to say thank you to guests by making a donation on their behalf to an organization that the future couple supports. In lieu of favors, the money you would have spent will go to a good cause.
10. Tea for One: Send each guest home with a beautiful mug, along with a few sachets of tea and a decorative spoon or small container of honey. Add a note telling her to go home and relax after a long day of being a social butterfly! More tea party bridal shower ideas here...
While sending wedding shower guests home with a party favor is by no means mandatory, it’s truly a lovely gesture that will leave a smile on their lips – and maybe even a good taste in their mouths! If you are ordering customized favors in advance, be sure to order them several months before your event date to ensure that they arrive on time. Arrange your wedding shower favors on a pretty tray or table, which can be brought close to the door as the event comes to a close.
Soothing bath salts are sure to please any gal . Follow the super simple recipes and get FREE printable tags and a cute sign "From Our Shower to Yours" to go with it!
These plantable seed favor tags are so simple to make - yet so cute and will make a great favor! Get all the DIY details here...
You can't go wrong with wine for favors! Hand out the bride-to-be's favorite wine or if you're on a budget - stick with the $2 - $3 a bottle wine. Add a cute "thank you" tag right over the original label and you've got an easy, elegant favor everyone will enjoy!
Start saving those toilet paper rolls! They make great packaging for favors. Wrap a pretty piece of scrapbook paper around it - gather some candy, flower seeds, chocolates, or anything else you might want to pack up, wrap it up in some tissue paper, slide into the toilet paper roll - and tie with ribbon! - Instant adorable favor!
We are always looking for new, cute and creative favor ideas - if you have one please share it with us!