Tea Party Bridal Shower
Tea parties are popping up everywhere! If you want to host a whimsy, girly tea party bridal shower for your friend - we have all the information you'll need.
You can opt for the classic Victorian style tea party or the mis-matched Mad Hatter type of party. The days of old, stuffy tea parties are over! Follow our simple tips to pull of a tea party to remember....
First, a little tea party inspiration....
4. Wedding Paper Divas
Wedding Invitations & Bridal Shower Invitations
"Top 10 Tea Party Bridal Shower Ideas"
- Start by selecting tea themed invitations. Do you want the guests to dress in hats, gloves and heels? Make sure to include the dress code on the invitations.
- Pull out your nice tea set and make sure you have enough teacups and saucers for each guest. If you want a mis-matched table, pick up teacups and saucers from flea markets and thrift stores.
- If you want to host a proper English tea party- "Afternoon Tea" is held around lunch time and pastries and small finger foods are served. "High Tea" is held at dinner time and a full dinner is to be served.
- Popular tea party foods include; scones with jam, madelines, petit fours, tea sandwiches, quiche, and cookies.
- Select the teas you want to serve. Some popular tea choices are earl grey, rose congou, and chamomile. Serve a few different types so there is a variety.
- Serve sugar cubes, milk, honey, and lemon slices for people to add to their tea.
- Place fresh flowers in vases or old tea canisters for centerpieces. For a Mad Hatter type of party, stack tea cups on top of eachother for a fun centerpiece. Make some flower garlands to drape around the room too.
- Serve tea and food buffet style or have a proper sit down tea with the food and tea displayed on the table. Totally up to you!
- A fun tea party gift idea would be to have each guest bring a teacup and saucer for the bride-to-be or even their favorite tea.
- Pass out tea themed cookies for favors or some homemade tea bags. Buy some loose tea, tea bags from craft store, and twine. Add tea to teags, fasten with twine, and attach a cute tag thanking the guests for coming.
The rules are often broken now days when hosting a tea party so anything goes! Host one amazing tea party bridal shower for the bride-to-be and do not stress about making it proper. Hope these tips helped....Happy Planning!
More Bridal Shower Fun: