Top 10 Cupcake Decorating Ideas for Bridal Showers
Cupcakes Are the New Cake!
Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Cupcakes have become so popular, many couples have done away with the traditional wedding cake and have opted for cupcakes at their wedding. Why not follow the trend and serve them at the shower? There are so many fun and unique cupcake decorating ideas and we have come up with our favorites to pass on to you!
Goodbye cake, hello cupcake!
After you have baked up your favorite cupcake recipe, come up with a color scheme, and have frosted them with some yummy frosting - use these fun cupcake decorating ideas to make them sparkle!
Our Top 10 Cupcake Decorating Ideas for a Bridal Shower:
- Using some food coloring or icing color, tint your frosting to the colors you choose. Then grab a pastry bag, fill with frosting, choose a fun tip and begin piping flowers, hearts, or even the bride and groom's initials on the cupcakes. If you don't have a pastry bag, you can use a simple plastic baggie. Snip the end off of one of the bottom corners and go to town. You may want to practice on a paper towel before starting on a cupcake! After the cupcakes are decorated, place them in a cupcake tree to "show them off!"
- Top the frosted cupcakes with candy! Use the bride-to-be's favorite candy, candy hearts, flowers, or some other fun wedding themed candy.
- Edible flowers are such an easy and beautiful way to add elegance to a cupcake! Primrose, violets, mums, are all excellent options.
- Use some gum paste or fondant and cut out flowers, hearts, rings, or other wedding shapes and add it to the cupcake. You could even cut a simple circle and carve the initial of the bride-to-be's new last name in it - easy monogrammed cupcake!
- Topping the cupcakes with fruit is cute and easy! Use cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or any other fruit that is in season to jazz up your cupcakes. You could even add shaved coconut to give your cupcake some texture!
- SPRINKLES! You can't go wrong with sprinkles. Choose sprinkles in the color of the frosting to add some emphasis to the color - or choose multi-colored sprinkles to make it stand out. Roll the cupcake in the sprinkles or sprinkle them on the old fashioned way!
- Cupcake picks are ever so cute! You can buy them already made or make them yourself. Pick up some lollipop sticks or wooden skewers at a craft store. Get some card stock and cut out a small circle or other shape that will fit at the top of the stick/skewer - decorate it with a small picture of the bride and groom, their initials, hearts, rings, or anything else your little heart desires. Glue the decorated card stock to the stick or skewer and stick it in the cupcake! Instant cupcake pick!
- Add some bling to the cupcake baking cups! Tie or glue some ribbon, raffia, or fabric around the cupcake baking cups and you have an easy way to jazz up a cupcake.
- Start with baking the cupcakes in a heart shaped cupcake pan - just frost and you have an adorable heart-shaped cupcake!
- If the shower has a theme to it, why not make the cupcakes follow the theme? For a beach theme, add gum paste seashells and a cocktail umbrella. For a Vegas theme, place a couple dice on the cupcake, garden theme - make some butterflies out of gum paste or fondant. If a spa theme is the choice, make some cupcake picks that have lipstick, nail polish, or perfume bottles on them.
Cupcakes aren't just for the kiddies anymore! They are fun and flirty and so easy to make. We hope you enjoyed our hip twist on cupcake decorating ideas! Happy Decorating!
**New Bridal Shower Cupcake Trend Alert **
(photo via pinterest - source unknown)
These have been popping everywhere and we are pretty smitten! Individual cupcakes arranged to look like a wedding dress - How ingenious! Change the colors to match the wedding colors and even add some of the bride's favorite flowers if you'd like.
Check out more ways to show off your cupcakes...
Check Out These Cute Cupcake Supplies From Our Affiliates:
Tiered Cakes Made From Cupcakes
(photo source Trophy Cupcakes)
Great alternative to the traditional tiered cake - Check out "Our Top 10 Favorite" here...
Need a delicious cupcake recipe to get you started?
From the traditional vanilla to the trendy red velvet - we've got the latest and greatest cupcake recipes!
Find are Top 10 Favorite Cupcake Recipes here!
More Cupcake Fun:
Make your life easier - grab a few of our printable games!