Bridal Shower Gifts
Choosing a bridal shower gift for your friend or family member can be a little daunting. While the original purpose of a shower was to “shower” the new couple with items for their new home, these days lots of showers are more about pampering the bride.
After all, most couples have already got a few sets of towels and sheets. What does she like? What does she already have? How much to spend? Has she registered? As these questions fly through your head, try to relax! Chances are, she’ll love whatever you pick out! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Gift Certificate: From local spas to online retailers, practically every shop and boutique offers gift certificates. Consider tucking it into a small gift, so she has something to open. For example, if you are giving her a gift certificate for a pedicure, you could tuck it into a pair of slippers.
2. “Mrs”: From lounge wear to bikinis, a gift with the word “Mrs” on it is a fun bridal shower gift idea! Take it a step further by having her new full name embroidered on the garment, such as “Mrs. Brown,” or look for special just-married gifts like flip flops that leave a “just married” imprint in the sand.
3. “Movie Night”: Put together a package full of movie-night goodies! You can include popcorn, a DVD or rental certificate, and maybe even a cozy blanket. If your budget allows, you could also include tickets to the local movie theatre and a certificate for dinner at a nearby restaurant.
4. A Registry Gift: If the bride has registered somewhere, you can’t go wrong by choosing a gift from her registry. Chances are, there should be some items selected that are a little less pricey and perfect for the shower. You know she’ll love it if she chose it herself!
5. A Reader’s Dream: Set your girlfriend up right with a selection of great books, a few magazines, and a journal: perfect for the gal who loves to read. If you’re not sure what she likes, give her a gift certificate for a local bookshop – along with a cute mug and a few bags of tea for the ultimate relaxing night in.
6. Toast the Future: A nice bottle of champagne or wine is always a happily received bridal shower gift (unless, of course, the couple doesn’t drink – do your homework!). Accompanied by a set of nice glasses, this is a classic gift that will be enjoyed by the bride – and the groom.
7. Wedding Day Survival Kit: Put together a tote bag full of wedding-day necessities: your bride will thank heaven for your gift! Include must-haves like trial size tissue, pain killers, band aids, clear nail polish, a small snack, and a bottle of water – as well as a miniature sewing kit, and a small book with a pen for making notes or jotting down phone numbers. Get the complete list of necessities and a FREE printable tag to attach here!
8. Kitchen Delights: Give a nod to tradition by giving the new couple a gift that will help make their house a home. From beautiful tea towels to lovely mugs; you can find great home accents that she’ll adore at very reasonable prices.
9. Get Sentimental: Maybe you’ve been friends since kindergarten. Maybe she’s your sister. Go ahead and get a gift that will spring a tear or two: a framed photo of the two of you as children, or a special hand written poem, or something that has special meaning to you both, is the perfect gift. Don’t forget to keep a copy for your own scrapbook!
10. An Inventive Bouquet: Mix flowers and cooking utensils to create a bouquet that will do more than just look pretty! Spatulas, whisks, and wooden spoons done up with ribbon and placed in a vase along with some gorgeous silk flowers is a beautiful and creative wedding shower gift that’s sure to turn heads!
The most important thing to remember when choosing bridal shower gifts for a Bridal Shower is that the best gift of all is your support as a friend. Be there for her, and wish her well; and offer her a token of your friendship that is within your budget. She’ll be thrilled with your effort – we promise!
Have some paper plates on hand and as the bride-to-be unwraps gifts, have someone secure the ribbons and bows from the gifts to the paper plate to make a bouquet. The bride-to-be can use that bouquet to walk down the aisle on rehearsal night. Make a few bouquets and the bridesmaids will have one too!
Gather a few "necessary wedding day supplies" for the bride and groom and package them up! Make their wedding day as stress free as possible with a few fun, often forgotten about wedding day essentials! This will be the best present they receive, guaranteed!