Top 10 Bridal Shower Checklist
Bridal Shower Checklist
(Click the checklist to print)
A bridal shower checklist is a must for a successful shower! So many hostesses forget something so simple and feel like a fool when they realize it. Follow this easy checklist and you will be sitting back and relaxing when shower day arrives!
Once you have discussed what type of shower the bride-to-be wants - (just girls or co-ed, a theme or no theme, to have alcohol or not) - you will need to set a date and create a guest list. The bridal shower generally is a month or two before the wedding. You will also want to discuss the venue, whether it be at your place, a restaurant, bar, etc. Make reservations if she decides she wants it somewhere other than a house. After these preliminary steps, follow this checklist:
The Top 10 Bridal Shower Checklist
1 Month Before:
- Invitations- First decide whether to make or buy the invitations. Send the invitations out three weeks before the shower and remember to include registry and theme information, if any.
- Favors- Start thinking of favor ideas! Purchase the favors or if making them, buy all the supplies and assemble them.
- Decorations- Decide how you want to decorate. Then purchase the decorations, plates, cups, napkins, centerpiece, etc.
2 Weeks Before:
- Menu- Plan your menu and start making a shopping list. Check with the bride-to-be to see if anyone else planned on bringing any food. Order the cake if you are not making it yourself. Make sure you have all the food/drink supplies (punch bowl, cake stand, platters).
- Gift- Buy your gift for the bride-to-be.
1 Week Before:
- RSVP's- Confirm the RSVP's, check with the bride-to-be to see if she has heard from anyone too. Confirm any orders you've placed and any reservations you have, if any.
- Games- Make or print off any games to be played. Run through the games and make sure you understand them so you can explain well. Buy prizes for the winners.
- Groceries- Buy groceries including any alcohol you will be serving.
1 Day Before:
- Prepare Menu- Start doing any prep work for the food you will be serving. Prepare any food you can in advance to make your life easier tomorrow! Pick up cake.
- Set-Up- Start setting up tables/chairs, putting decorations up, displaying favors, flowers, & centerpieces. Call a bridesmaid and have them pick up balloons on their way to the shower so you won't have to be running around before guests arrive.
Congratulations, you did it! Happy Shower Day!
Return From Bridal Shower Checklist - Hop Back to Homepage
Make your life easier - grab a few of our printable games!